Thursday, October 30, 2014

Going Home My Way

I found myself in Utah for a family event.  While in Brigham City, Utah, my sister, nephew, partner and I went for a drive.  We drove past the our high school, we ‘dragged the main street’ and ended up at the local hamburger stand.  My sister and I several years apart, each had wonderful memories at the hamburger stand called  Peach City.
IMG_3436
Peach City was featured on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and has been a local fixture since 1938. My Father courted my Mother at Peach City and Dads favorite drink  was an Iron Port Shake.  It was made with fresh, local ice cream made with real cream.  During the Brigham City’s local holiday of Peach Days, Peach City makes fresh peach ice cream from local peaches.  It’s a neighborhood favorite and all of my high school class mates and I have fond memories of peach ice cream.  My family loves it!

IMG_3448Years ago, my Parents used dry ice to take peach ice cream 800 miles to California for my niece and nephew to try.  Dad was disappointed when the kids didn't revel over the creamy flavor and chunks of fresh peaches.  However, my sister loved it.  Now 40+ my nephew Joe has acquired a taste for peach ice cream.
Footlong hot dog with new to the menu, sweet potato fries.  My childhood favorite but my way without the bun.  Now if they can take out the nitrates and use half the salt.  But, once in a while is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment